Pages

Monday 9 September 2013

Crunchy Asian noodle salad

I don't know if anyone outside of Australia ever eats 'Crunchy Asian salad' but it was pretty much a staple at BBQ's when I was a kid.
I'm pretty sure its not even a real authentic Asian recipe, just an Aussie recipe with Asian flavours.
Anyway, if anyone from another country eats this or some sort of version of this, let me know because I would be really interested.



Crunchy Asian noodle Salad

Ingredients:
1/4 green cabbage
1 large carrot
2 Spring onions
20 Almonds
1/2 pack crunchy fried Asian noodles

Dressing:
4 Tablespoons white vinegar
4 Tablespoons white sugar or sweetener of choice
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil

Method:
In a dry pan toast almonds until lighty browned.
Chop cabbage and grate carrot into large salad bowl.
Chop onions finely and add. Add the almonds.
Add the noodles, mix all the dressing ingredients well and add to veggies.
Mix well.

note: the noodles go soggy after about an hour so you need to serve it immediately once you have added them.

















4 comments:

  1. My mum often brings along a crunchy noodle salad to gatherings which is just the recipe off the back of the Chang's noodles. Her salad never looks as pretty as yours though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Im glad it wasn't just us!!
      Thanks sooo much.
      x
      Rhi

      Delete
  2. I LOVE crunchy noodle salads - they remind me of summer holidays. This one looks much nicer than the one I usually make though. I'm going to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda.
      Its a great summer salad with a difference.

      x
      Rhi

      Delete